Python Programming Essentials
Introduction to Python Programming, Basic Python, Python Basic Structures.
This college introductory Python course will cover the essential programming knowledge using Python language.
This course contains in the following 6 units:
(1) Sequential Programming:
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Elementary Programming (Writing Simple Programs)
- Basic Data Types (Numbers, Character and Boolean)
- Basic Data Structure (List, String and Files)
- Object, Class and Graphics (math and graphics library)
(2) Structured Programming
- Decision Structures
- Loops Structure and Boolean
- Python Variables and Assignments
- Parameter Passing
- Simulation and Design (Program Building)
(3) Data Structure and Basic Object-Oriented Programming
- Lists, Set and Arrays
- Tuple and Dictionary
- Objects and Class
- Object-Oriented Programming
(4) Basic Algorithms
- Character Encoding and String
- Random Number and Simulation
- Recursive Algorithms
Eric Chou, Ph.D.
He obtained his MS and PhD degree from the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA. His technical fields is focused on smart sensory information processing, machine learning, optimization theory, communication and VLSI design.Currently, He is an adjunct faculty member in the On-line M.S. Computer Science/Data Science Programs at Lewis University, IL. He is also running a start-up company.
He love computational research and its application to real world. i have involved in many large-scale computer/communication product research development in many world-leading company such as HP, Micrel, and many startups. I also involved in founding a startup company. I also enjoy sharing my ideas through teaching. I hold many US and international patents in technical fields such as software development, mobile computing, IC design and communication receiver design. I am also a certified coach in Taekwondo in both UAST and AAU.
StartPython Interpreter Software Installation and Setup up for John Zelle's Python Programming Book (7:54)
StartPython Setup and Bring-up of IDLE Editor and Interpreter (8:51)
Start[Python] PyCharm Integrated Development Environment (IDE) Installation (5:44)
StartPython Programming (Introduction to Computer Science) 2nd Edition